How important is a smile? Ever wondered what all those letters and numbers a dentist calls out during your check-up mean? How are broken teeth fixed, or how dentures are made? Join Dr Christopher Stokes from the School of Clinical Dentistry at The University of Sheffield on a learning journey to explore the dental profession and the impact dentistry has on all our lives in this free online course “Discover Dentistry“.
This is an introductory course and anyone can enjoy it without expertise or prior knowledge of the subject. A basic knowledge of science will be helpful. Due to the highly visual nature of dentistry, a small number of exercises in the course, unfortunately, won’t be accessible to learners with visual impairment.
Discover Dentistry Course Content
An entertaining and illuminating course for everyone to explore the impact dentistry has on our lives. Throughout this course you’ll hear from, and interact with, experts from all corners of the dental professions to discover dentistry. Topics covered include:
- The public perception of dentistry;
- History of the profession;
- The various roles and activities within a dental practice;
- How common dental diseases and problems are treated;
- How false teeth and dental crowns are made;
- The latest technology of 3D printed teeth.
Summary of Main Course Features
- Educator: Christopher Stokes
- Publisher: The University of Sheffield
- Duration: 6 weeks x 3 hours per week
- Starts: 13 June, 2016
- Certificates available