One of the biggest childhood fears that we all know of is going to that mean-old dentist! I’m sure all of us can relate that we had one or two bad experiences with our dentists. But as we get older, we realize that going to the dentist was for our own good. Dental problems should not be taken lightly! Parents later realize the importance of having their children regularly checked out by the dentists, especially when their teeth are just beginning to form. Regular checkups and cleaning appointments are absolutely necessary for our oral hygiene. And sometimes, dental extractions or pulling out of teeth can’t be avoided. My Santa Fe Dentist is absolutely great when it comes to explaining why there has to be dental extractions.
Why Pull it Out?
There are huge reasons why dental extractions are absolutely necessary. These are:
1) When a tooth is beyond any practical help, it becomes useless and might even cause tooth aches.
2) Teeth that are not positioned in the right way that may cause a deformation.
3) Teeth that are no longer functioning.
4) When teeth is broken, cracked, or decayed beyond help.
5) Root Canals – it is when the nerve space between the teeth needs attentive treatment to prevent damage.
6) Severe damage to the gums or mouth that require extraction.
7) Some healthy teeth need to be extracted to avoid further damaging other neighboring teeth. A good example of this is the Wisdom Tooth, that when it grows in a bad place, it can cause pain and discomfort.
The Reason Behind It
Teeth aren’t just pulled out for no good reason; it is a process that requires a lot of thought as well. MySantaFeDentist takes care of you and makes sure that the process of dental extracting is both absolutely necessary and done with the utmost care.