Hair loss is a common problem experienced by a lot of people nowadays. Most of us think that hair loss only affects older adults, specifically men. However, younger people, both male and female, are now beginning to suffer the consequences of this particular hair problem. Some of us have even spent a huge sum of money just to treat this depressing hair situation. Fortunately, there are still some ways for us that we can use in order to correct hair loss without the need of being expensive. This is through the use of natural products and herbal remedies such as the lemon juice. So does lemon for hair loss work?
Facts about Lemons and Hair Loss
Hair loss can be caused by a lot of factors. Lack of hair nutrition, stress and as well as hair damage are just some of the common factors that can cause the loss of hair. Other people also suffer slow rate of hair growth which can also worsen the situation. Fortunately, lemon or lemon juice can be used as a treatment to combat hair loss problems. In fact, lemon juice is already used by many people as a remedy for this type of condition. Lemon is a type of citrus fruit that is considered juicy and contains many vitamins and nutrients that most shampoos and conditioners fail to offer our hair. Because of this, lemon juice is capable of stimulating hair growth and re-growth especially if the cause of the hair loss is related to nutritional deficiencies and hormonal imbalances. In addition to these, lemon juice is also present with many nourishing properties and is likewise rich in elements such as phosphorus, vitamins A and B and as well as antioxidants. This will definitely help our hair, not just in terms of improving the growth rate, but as well as in making it look shinier, healthier and more beautiful.
In using lemon juice as a hair remedy, the juice is usually combined with other natural ingredients in order to boost its effects on the hair. Below are some of the different ways in which we can utilize lemon juice as an agent against hair damage and hair loss.
Natural Lemon Juice Remedies
Just like what is mentioned above, lemon juice is rich of many antioxidants such as vitamin C. this component is very important in providing a longer and stronger looking hair. Its phosphorus component is also capable of strengthening the hair strands thus preventing too much hair falls and breakages. However, these remedies will also take quite some time in order for its effects to become significantly visible. This is why patience is very important in doing these procedures. Once we are treating our hair with lemon juice it is important not to do a lot of other hair treatments such as ironing, using hair dryers and curlers. These apparatuses are hazards for the hair which can cause easy damaging. Avoiding these unnecessary hair procedures can definitely give more time for the hair to grow and improve its quality.
Here are some of the useful ways in treating hair loss with lemon juice.
• Lemon Rinse – the lemon rinse procedure requires us to use a bowl of fresh lemon juice as a replacement for water in rinsing the hair. Once the juice is poured, it is important for us to rub it into the scalp in order for it to nourish the hair strands from root to tip. This must then be settled for at least a minutes before it can be washed off with lukewarm water. This simple procedure helps in the strengthening of the hair as well as in getting rid of dandruff, which are also possible causes of hair loss.
• Aloe Vera and Lemon Juice Solution – This solution is made up of 3 parts aloe vera gel or juice and one part fresh lemon juice. Once the ingredients are combined, this can then be applied onto the scalp of the head for 10 to 15 minutes. This can then be washed off using mild shampoo. The use of aloe vera also improves the growth of hair especially in combination with the lemon juice.
• Lemon and Egg Mask – this procedure requires the combination of 12 drops of lemon juice to one egg. The mixture must be mixed together very well before it can be applied onto the hair and the scalp. This must be kept on the hair for at least 5 minutes before it can be rinsed of washed off. The protein found in eggs can help clear the scalp from any impurities. We can also try using only the egg white in combination with the 12 drops of lemon juice.
• Lemon and Coconut Oil Mix – this mix is also an effective solution for hair loss. This can be done by adding a teaspoon of fresh lemon juice in combination of two teaspoon of coconut oil. The mixture must also be massaged thoroughly into the scalp for at least an hour before rinsing. This remedy also helps in stimulating hair growth.
• Olive Oil and Lemon Juice Mix – Olive oil can also be used as a replacement for coconut oil. The olive oil is usually combined with lemon juice as well as the yolk of the egg. The use of olive oil helps thicken the hair adding more volume while the lemon juice aids in cleaning the scalp and provide vitamin C, which helps keep hair healthy.
• Amla oil with Lemon Juice – Another type of oil which can be combined and use for air treatment is the amla oil. Both ingredients in this mixture help in the strengthening of the hair as well as in preventing it from falling and any other types of damages.
These are just some of the useful tips and steps in using lemon juice as a remedy for hair fall or loss. Lemon juice is combined with eggs and oils in order to provide natural moisturizers sin lemon can also cause hair discoloration or lightening as well as hair dryness. This will take some time for it to show noticeable effects, which is why patience is definitely a virtue in eradicating hair loss and damaging.