Obesity is becoming a global epidemic in developed countries across the world and is associated with many chronic diseases such as diabetes, heart disease and some forms of cancer. Research has consistently proven that maintaining a high level of physical activity and fitness can have significant benefits on many aspects of your life including your physical health and mental health.
Learn how to increase your physical fitness and improve your health and well-being with this free ALISON online “Physical Fitness: Fitness Tips and Workout Routines” course. The course covers the theoretical aspects of physical fitness and provides you with practical workouts that can help you develop and maintain it.
Physical Fitness Course Content
This course has been designed to teach you how to improve your physical health and well-being. It includes the following:
- The basics of exercise physiology, i.e., how the body responds and adapts to physical exercise;
- Definitions and terminology that are central to exercise physiology;
- The structure and function of the various forms of muscle within the body;
- How the cardiovascular system functions;
- How the heart supplies oxygen-rich blood to the active skeletal muscles during exercise;
- An examination of various activities and workouts that have been shown to increase cardiovascular fitness.
This course will be of great interest to professionals who work in the health and fitness industry and to anyone who wants to learn more about improving their physical fitness.
Summary of Main Course Features
- Duration: 1-2 Hours
- Publisher: AMEDD Center and School
- Assessments: Yes
- Certification: Yes
- Minimum Grade/Class Level: Higher High Secondary School
Visit the Course Page
What are Your Views on This? Leave a Comment