The Alison free online course “Health and Fitness – Running Tips, Swimming and Strength Training” is designed to show you how running, swimming and strength training can improve your strength, flexibility, endurance and overall fitness levels. It will also show you how you can practice running, swimming and strength training and stay injury-free.
This course will be of great interest to anyone who wishes to improve their overall strength and fitness levels in a safe and progressive manner. The course will also be of interest to professionals who work in the health and fitness industry or individuals who may be interested in pursuing a career in the health and fitness.
Health and Fitness – Running Tips, Swimming and Strength Training
In the course, you will learn about running as a means of building and maintaining fitness and a range of strategies that will help you increase your running mileage in a safe and progressive manner. You will learn how swimming can help you build and maintain fitness and how to develop swimming skills in the freestyle and breaststroke. You will also learn how strength training can be used as a tool to help you stay fit and healthy, and study a wide range of exercises that can be used to increase strength in all areas of the body, including the legs, back, shoulders, arms, and chest.
The course includes the following topics:
- The equipment necessary and the precautions that must be taken to minimize the risk of injury when running;
- The body mechanics that combine to make up an effective running style;
- The equipment that is necessary for open water swimming and compare it with the equipment that is required for pool swimming;
- A range of strategies that can be used to improve stroke skills in freestyle and breaststroke;
- A range of exercises that can be used to increase strength in all areas of the body;
- The importance of technique, warming up and cooling down when performing strength training.
The course is organized into the following four Modules:
- Module 1: Running for Fitness
- Module 2: Swimming for Fitness
- Module 3: Strength Training for Fitness
- Module 4: Health and Fitness – Running Tips, Swimming and Strength Training Assessment
Summary of Course Main Features
- Prepared by: AMEDD Center and School
- Duration: 1-2 Hours
- Assessment: Yes
- Certification: Yes
Visit the Course Page
What are Your Views on This? Leave a Comment