The ALISON Global Health Initiative is a series of free online courses created to raise public awareness and understanding of common diseases that affect millions of people worldwide.
The course “Global Health Initiative: Diabetes Awareness” defines what diabetes is, lists the three types of diabetes and important facts and statistics about the disease, and much more.
The information in this course will be of great interest to all learners, especially those who have been diagnosed with diabetes, and who would like to know more about the disease, its treatment and coping with it. It will also be of great interest to all healthcare professionals who would like access to easy to understand facts and information about diabetes that they can share with their patients.
Global Health Initiative: Diabetes Awareness – Course Content
- The three main types of diabetes and important facts and statistics about the disease;
- The causes and symptoms of diabetes;
- Complications and risk factors associated with diabetes;
- How diabetes is diagnosed and what tests are used;
- How diabetes can be successfully prevented or treated;
- How to live successfully with the disease, and how to cope with and support a patient with the disease.
Summary of Main Course Features
- Duration: 2-3 Hours
- Publisher: Advance Learning
- Assessments: Yes
- Certification: Yes
- Minimum Grade/Class Level: Lower High/ Secondary School