You can try several ways if you want to gain an extra weight and consuming protein shakes is one of them. Aside from that, you also have to consume lots of calories in order to maintain the muscle gain. Here are some things that you can try ensure that shakes can help you gain extra weight:
- When preparing your shake, make sure to add at least one cup of whole milk into it.
- You may also add coconut milk into your shake. Coconut milk contains lots of healthy fats aside from having high calorie content.
- Add at least 3 tablespoons of oil with omega-3.
- Do not forget to add whey protein into your shake.
Pointers on how to Gain Weight
- Always have a good shaker cup along with you or if a blender is not available.
- Make sure to consume your shake after a workout. Remember that this is the time when all of your muscle fibers are strained and the level of glycogen is down. Consuming a shake after a workout can help you speed up the recovery process of your muscles.
- If you are consuming 5 to 6 small meals, you can replace 2 to 3 of these meals with shakes. It will be a lot easier to gain weight if you do this as you are gaining more calories. Your shake should have protein powder and milk in it, and you may add fruits if you want to.
- Shakes should also be consumed before going to bed. Take note that 6 to 8 hours of sleeping is considered as your body’s fasting hour. Thus, you are not getting any nutrients during that period and shakes can provide you with all the nutrients you are missing while you are asleep. Shakes made of protein can act as a nutrient provider and can help you prevent your muscles from depleting and help you retain or gain weight.
These are just some of the few things that you might want to consider, if you really want to gain some weight. Shakes from protein powder can provide you lots of benefits not just for weight gain but for learning how to lose weight as well. However, take note that different protein powders serve different purposes so you have to make sure that you are adding the right protein powder into your shake. It would be best if you consult your doctor, in case you want to know more on how can these shakes from protein powders can help you.