As our lifespans increase, more and more of us are faced with the question: how can we care for older people more effectively? Deakin University has developed a partnership model of care that aims to build stronger and more beneficial relationships between older people and those who care for them. The aim of the partnership model is to ensure that healthcare services are more responsive to the needs and preferences of older people within a variety of care settings.
The course “Caring for Older People: A Partnership Model” introduces you to the partnership model and provides you with some practical tools and strategies for creating your own care plan.
Caring for Older People: A Partnership Model – Course Content
- The purpose, significance of and rationale for more collaborative approaches to caring for older people;
- How the partnership model works;
- The benefits of the partnership model for older people, their family and healthcare teams;
- Developing your own care plan to best meet the needs and preferences of older people.
Summary of Main Course Features
- Created by: Deakin University
- Educators: Alison Hutchinson and Helen Forbes
- Starts: 5 December 2016
- Duration: 2 weeks x 3 hours per week
- Certificates available