People are puzzled by so many random questions concerning mildew and mold and their affect on health. Often, they wonder if mildew and mold is that dangerous and whether mold and mildew removal is really effective. There are, in fact, some removal products that do work and mold and mildew both are considered health hazards. Mold and mildew removal is effective when the surface has been cleaned properly.
Mold and mildew, both, are the causes of allergies especially to people who already suffer with allergy problems. You will find mold growing on surfaces, for example, on wood which leads to its discoloration. Mildew is a type of fungal disease normally from plants where parasitic fungus becomes visible in white and gray powdery deposits. This occurs on surfaces and also grows on fruits or leaves.
Mold builds up from leaky roofs, flooding, damp basements, humidifiers, damp crawl spaces, clothes dryers, vented doors and constant plumbing leaks. Mold requires a moisture source to enable its growth continuity and needs its food from dirt, leaves or wood. Mold is a tiny organism that appears in various colors like black, green, orange, brown, white, etc. Mold spores are produced from mold which travels around the area. Black mold is said to be the most dangerous as it produces toxins that are transmitted through the air.
Our mold exposure can be daily. It may be through touch, what we eat, or even breathing it into our lungs. Once it begins to grow on any surface, the spores are releases into the air. It enters our body in this way while breathing. When inhaled in large amounts, the spores can cause serious health problems particularly in people who suffer from asthma. A person allergic to mold will develop allergy symptoms like watery eyes, runny nose, headache, difficulty in breathing, coughing, wheezing, itching, sneezing, nasal congestion, etc.
What are Your Views on This? Leave a Comment