The human hair is a gift from above- may it be straight or curly. Whatever its look is, it should be embraced. However, there are a number of people who are not contented with what they have so they often change the look of their hair. Some straight haired person would opt for a curly one while curly haired person would opt for a straight one. This desire for change is not unusual and the core in terms of dealing with change is to go natural. How to make curly hair straight (for guys and girls) without exposing the hair to harsh chemicals?
There are countless hair in the human body but there is one group of hair that stands out the most and that is the hair on top of the head. This group of hair is often referred to as the crowning glory. It does not just enhance the person’s beauty but also becomes a reflection of the personality of the person. A good angled hair can make the eyes glow or magnify the angle of the face. A short hair can enhance the neck of the person while a longer hair can make the face look small. Men who like to wear long and scattered hair may be perceived as a rocker or adventurous person while men with short and well arranged hair may be perceived by public as a conservative and formal person. For women, girls with long and curly hair may be perceived as outgoing while those who wear their hair in pony tail may be perceived as simple and conservative.
There are people who use the hair to describe a person they are familiar with but could not get the name out of their mouth. Some people would use the phrase “the girl with the short hair” or “the man with a curly hair” just to describe a familiar person. There are times this method works while there are times this method seems nonsense.
The hair also has some importance in human adaptation to the harsh environment. The hair in the head serves as a source of heat insulation and cooling especially when sweat evaporated on the hair. In addition, the hair serves as a shield from the ultraviolet rays of the sun. On the other hand, the hair can also be a source of frustration and social embarrassment such as in the case of head lice. Having a couple of head lice is not just disturbing because of the itch but also socially embarrassing because it is perceived as a result of poor hygiene.
If you are one of those people who have curly hair and desires to have a straight one, worry not because there are easy steps you can follow in order to make your desires come true. There is no need of exposing the hair in harsh chemicals or spending too much money on your hair alone. The suggestion stated on this article is effective, less expensive and at the same time natural. You also do not need to go out of your own house because you can do this on the comfort of your own room.
Prior to proceeding with the process of making curly hair straight, be sure to have the following materials: blow dyer, frizz serum, flat iron (the size depends on the size of the hair; shorter hair needs smaller ones while long and thick hair needs a bigger iron), hair spray and curly brush.
Steps to Follow
1. The first thing to do is to wash your hair. Wash your hair the way you normally would. Use a conditioner after shampooing. Before rinsing the conditioner, brush your hair so that the conditioner would be evenly distributed on the hair and to untangle the hair.
2. Towel dry hair and shake it so to loosen it up. After which start brushing the hair.
3. Wrap the hair with a towel and let it stand for about 15 minutes. This will aid in drying the hair so that when you start blow drying it, it can easily be managed. Wet hair when blow dried would just create steam in the room and would take time.
4. Apply some fizz serum on your hair. This will protect the hair from the heat during blow drying. For long hair, a dime size cream is enough and shorter hair needs lesser. Start applying the serum at the nape and work your way up to the top of your head. be sure to have the end of the hair covered so to prevent split ends.
5. Start blow drying the hair using a blower and a curling brush. The technique here is to separate the hair in small sections and work your way up starting from the nape going to the top of the head. Do not start blow drying on the roots but on the tip of the hair.
6. Apply a mist of hair spray over the hair and start working on with the flat iron. Technique used here is the same with blow drying the hair. Just be careful not to burn your skin. Avoid too much heat on the flat iron. You do not want to have burned hair.
7. Last step is to apply another layer of frizz serum so to protect your hair from outside stressors (like sun, humidity, etc.).
The above step is applicable for both men and women. For men, be sure that the hair you will be working on is long so that the flat iron can work on it.
What are Your Views on This? Leave a Comment