Although hypertension is a serious condition, you can actually live a normal life as long as you take certain rules in to account. The hypertension prognosis depends on how you can deal with certain constrictions on your diet and how well you are able to change your life style. You can extend the prognosis of hypertension to the fullest when you follow some basic rules.
The first and most important thing is that you should have a full check on your physics. Are your symptoms truly related to hypertension and what can you do about it to treat it. Often your doctor will outline a treatment plan that will control the symptoms and the blood pressure. It is very important to ask your doctor any relating questions that are not entirely clear to you because you are obliged to follow his treatment plan for hypertension.
* Medication can be a very complicated issue when it comes to the treatment of hypertension. You should take them at certain prescribed times. it is very important to take your medication exactly as described and explained by your doctor. You should keep regular appointments with your doctor to let him now how well the medicines are working for you. He will also regular do some check ups to see if the medicines are doing their job.
Further more there are some basic rules that every hypertension patient should stick to.
* Don’t take too much salt intake. Especially some sort of candy contain high volumes of salts. Salts will increase blood pressure and you don’t want that.
* Alcohol is another no-go. Off course you can take an alcoholic drink once in a while, but hypertension and alcohol don’t work well together.
* Cigarettes and Hypertension. You probably have heard a thousand times before you should quite smoking and when you have a chronic high blood pressure there is one more reason to add. Smoking is very bad for your blood vessels and smoking in combination with hypertension is even worse for your blood vessels. Moderation will not work for you, you have to really quit smoking if you want to add some years to your life.
* Some people believe that Marijuana and weed are not accounted as smoking, but they are. You should quit all kinds of smoking and drug intake because they have a bad influence on your hypertension.
* Although an exercise program is often considered as a healthy way to get rid of hypertension, you should do this with in agreement with your doctor. When you overdo certain exercises this is rather bad than good for treating your high blood pressure.
Loose weight: Obesity is related to chronic high blood pressure. You should try to loose every pound you have too much. This is something very difficult to achieve, but it will sure help you take control of your hypertension.
This basic advice will probably help you increase the quality of your hypertension prognosis. It is very important to check up regularly with you doctor and keep close contact with him.