The free online Physical Education (PE or Phys Ed) course “Fitness Training Principles and Methods” for sports enthusiasts and professionals alike offers a comprehensive introduction to the physiology, biology, and the science of sports. It is an ideal course for those studying for a qualification in health or fitness or for sports enthusiasts. It is also an excellent resource for trainers or managers in fitness, health or sports related activities.
Fitness Training Principles and Methods – Course Content
The course covers the scientific basis of fitness and concludes with training principals and methods. It includes the following topics:
- Muscle architecture and muscle groups such as the motor unit, muscular force, muscle fibres, joint actions, microscopic muscle structure, muscle contractions and much more;
- Heart rate and ATP-PC, lactic acid and aerobic energy systems;
- Food conversion for energy which is so important to understand for effective training;
- The four training principles: overload, specificity, reversibility and individual differences;
- The importance of maximum volume of oxygen consumed by the body, acute responses, fatigue, recovery and glycogen restoration.
Summary of Main Course Features
- Duration: 2-3 Hours
- Publisher: XSIQ
- Assessments: Yes
- Certification: Yes
- Minimum Grade/Class Level: Post-Secondary
Visit the Course Page
What are Your Views on This? Leave a Comment