This free online course “Dysphagia: Swallowing Difficulties and Medicines” will enhance the knowledge of any person involved in the administration of medicines to patients with dysphagia. It offers an opportunity to network with other learners and with the creators of the course through discussions, graphs, and social networking features and to share knowledge with other learners and professionals.
Dysphagia Course Content
The course includes the following topics:
- The swallowing process and different causes of swallowing problems;
- The different types of medicines formulations and how these should be administered to patients;
- How tablets and capsules are designed to ensure that drugs are appropriately distributed in the body;
- Special considerations which need to be taken into account when giving medicines to older people and children;
- The law relating to the selection and administration of medicines;
- How best to administer medicines to patients with dysphagia.
Summary of Main Course Features
- Publisher: UEA – University of East Anglia;
- Educators: David Wright in association with Rosemont;
- Duration: 6 weeks x 2 hours per week;
- Starts 14 August 2017;
- Certificates available;
- There are no requirements for this course, other than an interest in swallowing difficulties and medicines. The course will be of particular interest to carers, nurses and those in the field of medicine.