The free online course from ALISON “Nursing Studies – Clinical Skills: Caring for Cardiovascular Patients” introduces you to the knowledge and skills necessary to provide effective clinical care and assistance to cardiovascular surgical patients that you may find in your care. The course also covers the anatomy and physiology of the cardiovascular system, and looks at a range of procedures which doctors use to determine whether or not a patient is in need of cardiovascular surgery.
This nursing studies course will be of great interest to all health care professionals who would like to learn more about the clinical care of cardiovascular patients. The course will also be of great interest to any learner who is planning a career in the area of nursing or other areas of the health care sector.
Nursing Studies – Clinical Skills: Caring for Cardiovascular Patients
The course helps you to understand the duties that nurses must perform to ensure that their patients are both physically and mentally prepared for such clinical procedures and are comfortable after they are carried out. It includes the following topics:
- The anatomy and physiology of the cardiovascular system;
- The role that each organ has in cardiovascular function;
- The most common factors that cause these organs to become diseased within the body;
- Diagnostic procedures which doctors use to determine whether or not a patient is in need of cardiovascular surgery;
- Duties that nurses must perform to ensure that their patients are both physically and mentally prepared for such clinical procedures and are comfortable after they are carried out;
- Cardiovascular disorders which you are likely to encounter as part of your clinical nursing career;
- The most common complications experienced by patients after cardiovascular surgery;
- How to identify the signs and symptoms of a variety of complications and the clinical action that is needed after the symptoms have been identified;
- The clinical implications that such complications can have on the nursing care you provide to your patients.
Summary of the Main Course Features
- Duration: 2-3 Hours
- Publisher: AMEDD Center and School
- Assessments: Yes
- Certification: Yes
- Minimum Grade/Class Level: Third Level
Visit the Course Page
What are Your Views on This? Leave a Comment