Stressed by the pace of modern life? Mindfulness might be the answer. Research shows that when you’re not deliberately paying attention to something, your brain goes into default mode causing increased anxiety and poor communication. Mindfulness can help end this unproductive behavior. In the online course “Mindfulness for Wellbeing and Peak Performance“, you’ll learn how to incorporate mindfulness practices into your life, to reduce stress and improve your personal and professional life.
Mindfulness for Wellbeing and Peak Performance Course Content
This course is for anyone because everyone can benefit from mindfulness. But this course is not designed to be therapeutic for significant health problems so if you have any concerns in this regard then it is recommended that you speak to a suitably qualified health practitioner.
The course includes the following topics:
- The problem of unmindfulness;
- Research on mindfulness;
- Mindful stress reduction and managing emotions;
- Improving work and study performance;
- Mindfulness in memory and learning;
- Cultivating self-compassion and emotional health;
- Mindful communication;
- Relationships and empathy;
- Mindfulness as a way of life.
Summary of Main Course Features
- Publisher: Monash University
- Educators: Assoc. Prof. Craig Hassed and Dr. Richard Chambers
- Start Date: 15 May 2017
- Duration: 6 weeks x 3 hours per week