The rise in diet related illnesses such as diabetes and heart disease means we must all pay greater attention to our diet and eating habits. The free ALISON online two-hour course “Introduction to Human Nutrition” looks at the importance of maintaining a balanced diet, the role of nutrition in our health and well being and the important role of ongoing scientific research in protecting the health of future generations.
This course will be of great interest to all learners who want to gain an insight into human nutrition or any learner who wants to enter the field of human nutrition. The course will also be of interest to any professional working in the areas of healthcare and health promotion and who would like to learn more about human nutrition.
Introduction to Human Nutrition Course Content
- The fundamental nutrients that provide us with the essential components for our bodies;
- How food energy is measured;
- Non-nutritive components that provide additional health benefits;
- The various forms of nutrition research;
- How nutrition research results are analyzed, published and interpreted;
- The common progression of research.
Summary of Main Course Features
- Duration: 1-2 Hours
- Publisher: Brian Lindshield
- Assessments: Yes
- Certification: Yes
- Minimum Grade/Class Level: Lower High/ Secondary School