In order to fully understand the advice given here on how to lower blood sugar level, one needs to understand what is meant by blood sugar levels. When someone has a high blood sugar, there is an elevated level of glucose in the blood. A frequently seen sign is glucosuria, glucose in the urine.
Regulating your blood sugar level is very important for your body to function properly. For a big part your body does this automatically. However, for a small part your body needs a little help from yourself to regulate blood sugar levels. These levels are highly dependent of the food you eat. Some foods contain a lot of sugar while others don’t. When you eat a lot of sugar, the blood sugar level will rise. In order to prevent this to rise to dangerous levels, the pancreas produces insulin and this will lower the level of sugar in your blood. If you have diabetes, your pancreas is not always working as it should be and therefore you need to inject the insulin yourself after a meal.
There are natural tips to lower blood sugar level or maintain a normal level.
1) Eating the right food is very important in order to maintain normal blood sugar levels. You need to eat food that digests slowly so the body can adapt more easily. Food types that achieve this goal are fruits like apples, pears, oranges, vegetables like zucchini, peas and grains such as granola, oatmeal and barley. These types of food will also help you if you already have diabetes and keep blood sugar levels under control.
2) Another good way to keep control over your blood sugar level is exercising. Many people in the world have diabetes because they are too obese. Recent experiments have shown that most people that lost weight could also lower their insulin medication. Some people could even stop using insulin because they lost weight. If you are planning to do exercises regularly than a personal trainer might be of great help.
3) Most people will eat 2 or 3 meals a day that are quite large. In order to keep more control over you sugar levels it might be wise to eat more smaller meals covered over the day. In this way your body will have more time in dealing with the food digestion.
4) Did you know that soft drinks like Coca Cola and Fanta have very large quantities of sugar in it? You should avoid drinking too much soft drinks because they are not good for your sugar levels and are a reason why many people in the US are obese. Also don’t compensate it with drinking too much fruit juices like orange juice. These juices also contain a very high sugar level and will not help you keeping control over your blood sugar levels.
5) Some over the counter drugs will not help you lower blood sugar level. Some of them have the opposite effect and will rise levels. Therefore you should always read the ingredients before taking them.
6) Every person is different in how he reacts to certain conditions. Therefore it is important to know why you have an elevated blood sugar level. For some people this will be obesity while for others stress or depression.
Eating healthy is the best way to maintain your blood sugar level. Try to avoid food types that have a great impact. Especially food types that are rich on carbohydrates and sugar are not good for maintaining your normal level. If you don’t know exactly how to achieve this than consider consulting a dietitian.