Experiencing different sinus problems can be a very difficult situation to go through. One of the things that can cause these is due to an infection. Infection occurs in the sinus just like any other types of infection throughout our body. This can either be caused by a bacterium or a virus. Whenever our sinuses are infected, it usually swells up and increases the production of mucus in the area making it very hard for us to breathe properly. Aside from this, draining the mucus can also become a problem since the inflammation of the sinus can block the passages making the area very painful. Nowadays, there are already a lot of drugs or medications that can help relieve us from sinus infection. However, it is not necessary for us to spend a lot of money just to purchase these expensive and commercialized products. Instead, we can always rely on the wonders of many natural remedies, which we can use in order to treat sinus infection. But what are the natural sinus infection remedies and how are these things formulated?
List of Natural Sinus Infection Remedies
There are actually a lot of natural remedies that we can use in order to cure or treat our awful sinus condition. What is even better is that making these remedies doesn’t require a huge effort on our part and is also very affordable. Below are some of the common and effective remedies that we can use against sinus infection as well as the steps in making them.
- Inhalation of Steam or Vapor – Inhalation of steam is considered an effective remedy for sinus infection since it can help ease up the symptoms of the condition particularly the clogging or congestion. The steam promotes dilation in the area thus aids in loosening of the mucus making it a lot easier for us to breathe. This can be done by taking hot shower or by boiling water and safely inhaling the steam produced by this process. In addition to this, eating soup or drinking hot beverages like tea can also work effectively. For best results, steam inhalation can be done at least 3 times a day.
- Having a Glass of Garlic Juice – Garlic is considered the most effective herb or plant product against many different types of infection. This is due to its capability to fight off bacteria and other types of fungi. In case we don’t like the taste of garlic, we can always try the alternative of dicing the garlic clove and mixing it into a cup of hot water. The steam can also be inhaled just like any other types of steam. This must also be done at least 3 times in a day in order to get fast results.
- Using a Neti Pot to Clear the Passages – The neti pot must be filled with warm water in combination with salt. This can help in clearing the passages and help us in breathing easier.
- Relying on the Echinacea Wonders – Echinacea is another type of herb can be used in combating different kinds of health problems. This remedy can be taken in capsule or supplement form or it can also be used as a tea. This herb is very efficient in relieving different types of infections just like the one that affects our sinuses.
- Use the Benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar – Apple cider vinegar can also be used as an effective treatment for sinus infection. Apple cider is actually used in many types of diseases since it is rich in vitamins and nutrients. This particular vinegar contains high amounts of potassium, which is an effective element in reducing the body’s production of mucus and alleviates rhinorrhea or runny nose. This can be utilized by adding at least 2 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar into a cup of warm water before drinking it. This must be done three times in a day to receive best results.
Relying on Water Therapy – it is true that nothing can still beat the benefits of high water intake in the body. This is actually a very good preventive measure against sinus infection and other types of diseases. It is important to drink at least 8 to 10 glasses of water every day. This can help in preventing us from getting sick since the immune system of the body is able to function well since it is properly hydrated. In addition to this, adequate fluid intake in the body can also help in the proper draining of the mucous.
- Rely on the Help of Grapefruit – Grape fruit is another type of food that can be utilized in treating sinus infection. Nowadays, GSE or grapefruit Seed Extract is already available in order to treat certain types of diseases in the body just like our sinus infection. A few drops of this product can also be included in our neti pot and can be utilized as a remedy. GSE also contains a powerful antibiotic property, which is very potent and required to be diluted with water. This can also be incorporated in our nasal sprayer, which can be sprayed on our nose every hour.
- Avoid Eating Foods that Can Lead to Sinus Infection – Some of the most common types of foods or food ingredients that can increase the risk of sinus infection are the salt and sugar. These can actually make the symptoms of the condition worse than ever before. Dairy products or foods such as milk and cheese can also stimulate the body in producing more mucous, which can increase the pressure in the sinuses.
These are just some of the common and effective natural remedies that can help us in combating the awful effects and symptoms of sinus infection.
What are Your Views on This? Leave a Comment