Have you ever suffered from a poison oak rash? This has to be one of the most tortuous things to endure after just touching a plant! After coming in contact with the plant leaves or stems, you start developing in the next 48 hours, redness in the skin, which then turn into blisters. In some cases, things can get pretty nasty!
It is all caused by a substance called urushiol; this substance has proven to be allergic in 3 out of 4 people, and even people who at first are immune to it, will become less resistant with each exposure.
The worst thing to endure is the severe itching in the affected areas. As this is an allergic reaction, there is no real cure for it, and all poison oak rash treatments are aimed at relieving the symptoms and the itching. Nowadays, thanks to the Web, you can find ways on how to get poison oak rashes relief, however not all information you get is 100% accurate or helpful.
The first thing you need to do is learn to recognize this condition, and this can be done by taking as reference poison oak rash pictures. Each case might be different, some people will just develop redness, while others may develop oozing and blistering, requiring specialized medical attention.
A classic treatment for poison oak is the application of cool compresses in the affected areas. Coolness helps a LOT in coping with itchiness problems. If you have a bathtub, I also recommend you get a cool bath, not only will it be refreshing during summertime, but it will also help you find relief in your day until you wait for the rash to disappear.
If we are talking about products, the one that has brought the most relief is Calamine. Its application will also help you get rid of dry crusts n your skin.