Constipation is considered to be a very common malfunction of the intestines. This condition is described as the decrease of bowel motility or intestinal peristalsis that prevents normal passage of waste out of the body. Constipation is actually a very common problem by many people. This can also be caused by many factors such as decrease in fluid intake, bowel obstruction and also low fiber in the diet. Fortunately, there are still a lot of things that we can do in order to correct this kind of GIT problem. One of the most common solutions is through the use of laxatives. What are laxatives and what are the most popular natural laxatives home remedies?
Laxatives are either food, medication or the combination of both that allows the smooth induction of the bowel movements. These are considered to be common interventions for problems such as constipation. However, some doctors can also prescribe laxatives for colon cleansing purposes. In terms of medications, there are actually several types of laxatives. Some increases the fluid in the intestines in order to allow smooth passage of its contents while others targets the intestines’ motility by increasing its peristaltic movements. Laxatives are also in different forms. Some are taken orally, while others are inserted through the anus as suppository medication. Using pharmacologic laxatives are very effective in treating constipation. However, just like any other drugs, these too can cause also be very expensive.
So in order for us to save more money, we can always rely on some natural laxatives home remedies. These remedies are common household or kitchen items of foods that can effectively provide laxative effects in our body. These things can also work well without making us spend money in buying laxative drugs in the pharmacy. Below are some of the most common and beneficial natural laxative remedies.
- Castor oil
- Honey remedy – Combine 1 tsp of honey and warm water
- Olive oil and orange juice – Mix half a cup of olive oil and half a cup of orange juice and take it twice a day.
- Aloe Vera – Aloe Vera also secretes juice which can be taken twice a day to alleviate constipation
- Lemon remedy – Combine half a glass of lemon juice with warm water
- Corn syrup remedy – Add a tsp of corn syrup with water
- Phylum – Phylum husks are also excellent laxatives when combined with warm milk and/or plain water
- Bael Fruit
- Tomato-Carrot remedy – mix a quarter cup of carrot juice and a quarter cup of tomato juice
- Cranberry Juice
- Hot coffee and water – after waking in the morning and drinking three glasses of water, hot coffee can be followed to provide desired laxative effect.
These are just some of the most common and most effective home remedies that can substitute laxative drugs. Aside from saving more money, these natural remedies also have lesser side effects compared to drugs and other medications. So in case constipation is being experienced, we can always try out some of the mentioned natural laxative home remedies stated or listed above.
What are Your Views on This? Leave a Comment