How much do you know about your abdomen and how it works? Discover what you know already and find out more with this free online course “Anatomy: Know Your Abdomen” from the University of Leeds.
The course will help you identify the positions of the organs within the abdomen, as well as becoming acquainted with common anatomical terminology used to talk about organs and structures and their position relative to each other.
Anatomy: Know Your Abdomen – Course Content
The course covers the following topics:
- The anterior (front) abdominal wall;
- How the ‘abs’ are considered in relation to health and beauty;
- The composition of the gastrointestinal tract;
- Common problems that can occur in this tract, and how an abdominal surgeon treats and cures such problems.
Throughout the course you will join a community of online learners, providing an opportunity for interactive learning with other students both in the UK and internationally.
- No previous knowledge is required, just an interest in exploring anatomy and specifically looking at the human abdomen.
Summary of Main Course Features
- Educator: James Pickering
- Publisher: University of Leeds
- Duration: 2 weeks x 2 hours per week
- Start Dates:
- 7 Mar 2016
- 4 Apr 2016
- 2 May 2016
- 6 Jun 2016
- Certificates available