What is kefir? Kefir is described as a type of fermented milk drink. This term has been derived from a Turkish word “Keif”, which means “good feeling”. This type of drink has been used for many years now and has even been used by shepherds of the Caucasus Mountains. Once fermented, kefir will look similar to yogurt and will taste even just like one. Kefir is known to contain many probiotics that can be very beneficial, not just in our gastrointestinal tract, but as well as in our overall health. Here are some of the popular kefir health benefits that we all need to know.
• Kefir is known to be a great source of amino acids and minerals. These substances help in our body’s healing and maintenance functions.
• It is rich in protein and is already partially digested making it easy for the body to utilize.
• Contains essential vitamins such as vitamins B12, B1 and K. B complex vitamins are very useful in making our organs function properly as well as in boosting our immune. Vitamin B complex also helps improve stamina and also lose weight.
• Contains natural bacteria that are useful and helpful in eliminating pathogenic yeasts in the body. This likewise eliminates intestinal parasites.
• Provides a cleaner and healthier colon environment.
• Easy to digest and is considered a great meal for babies as well as for the elderly. This fermented milk can also cure many digestive problems.
• It is also effective in combating arthritis and rheumatism.
• Contains anti-aging properties and are also beneficial for weight loss.
• Acts as a laxative which is effective in correcting constipation.
• It likewise prevents other known diseases and health anomalies such as chronic fatigue syndrome, herpes, depression, sleep disorders, high blood pressure, lung or respiratory problems such as bronchitis, tuberculosis and asthma, ADHD, migraines, allergies, acne, pancreatic problems, kidney problems, urinary tract and prostate abnormalities, cholesterol problems, osteoporosis, problems in the liver and gall bladder, metabolism issues, diarrhea, colitis, reflux, vaginitis and a lot more.
• Some experts are also testing the effects of kefir for common colds, AIDS, cancers, tumor cells and as well as extending or prolonging life.
These are just some of the common, yet beneficial effects of using or taking kefir. This may not be the tastiest and most delicious drink in the market, but it is definitely one of the few foods that can offer us countless benefits. Kefir can now be bought in a lot of local department stores as well as in many health food outlets.